|Bellingham Soccer Association cannot function without the help of our qualified referee program. If you are interested in becoming a referee please contact Referee Director Jennifer Ducharme. It is important that Jennifer knows that you are going to be taking the Mass Referee Class.
- Are you old enough? You have to be 12 years old to be a referee. You can take the grade 9 referee course prior to age 12 if you turn 12 before that upcoming season.
- Are you available? Referees are needed throughout the soccer season both on Saturday’s and Sunday’s and if you have conflicts it could impact your scheduling.
- Newer referees will have opportunities to improve just like any job as you improve and become proficient your opportunities and responsibilities will increase.
- Why do you want to referee? Yes, it is a good way to make some money but you may also consider that you are considered the most knowledgeable person on the field. You are going to be dealing directly with adults. Just taking the course and understanding the rules is part of it you need to understand it in a game.
- I want to do this for several years. That is fine but you need to take a recertification course each calendar year to be a referee